Alex Fuller's Mission to Japan

Alex at MTC From June 2006 to June 2008, Alex is serving
a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints in the Japan Tokyo
South and Japan Nagoya Missions.
(click pic to enlarge)

Monday, January 21, 2008

Transfers - Elder Williams

Well this morning Elder Shuto from the Mission Home called and told me that my new companion will be Elder Williams. That`s pretty exciting because is a very good missionary and a lot of fun. I`m pretty excited for some good things this next transfer.

Elder Cano going home was a bit sad - but we had fun together. President Traveller said that the reason he put us together is so that Elder Cano could have a good finish with a good companion. That was very nice to hear. It definitely was a growing period, but now things will get better.

Back in Matsumoto, Sister Matsumoto who got baptized a few weeks ago - her husband is getting ready to be baptized in february - which is very exciting. Here in Kanazawa, two young boys Kanau and Shunsuke Mizutani are getting ready for March - and there`s lots of other good people.

My Birthday is coming up and I think I`m going to get myself a present of a new electronic dictionary. I love the one I have used from the beginning of my mission - but since it is four years old and beginning to not work so well, I might by investing in one today. Happy Birthday to me! Actually Elder Boyd (who I`m with temporarily in my old area of komatsu until tomorrow when Elder Williams comes) and I are going to party today. Play some pool at the bowling alley - hit Baskin Robbins - write some letters - it`s going to be a fiesta! I am quite excited.

My interview this last week with President was very good. He handed me the list of all he missionaries and asked me `who do you think the new zone leaders should be?` I looked at it for a moment and then finally said, `I`m glad that I`m not President` Wow, he makes some hard decisions. But he also has the priesthood keys to help out a little two with revelation. We talked a lot about the mission, and he valued my ideas and advice a great deal. He also complemented me very much on many things, which was very nice to hear. The Lord is so close in times of need.

I was thinking and praying last night about the Atonement. Since Christ paid for our sins, why the need for obedience. I thought about this, and an analogy came to my mind. It was about Basketball. It`s like we go to the hoop and get ready to practice. Christ is our coach, and throws the ball back to us after we shoot. If we miss though, there`s a $100 fine. If we make it, that`s good, we keep practicing. Now Christ is a rich, so he will pay for everything - but the point isn`t to pay the fine, it`s to help me become a better basketball player. In the same way, the point of our life isn`t to have our sins forgiven, but its to become righteous and able to abide in a perfect place. It`s all a big practice and training. A big preperation, if you will. I`m just so thankful that when we mess up, that it`s okay and that the eternal consequences can be atoned for.

I dunno, kind of a weird analogy, I`m not sure why there would be a fine for missing a shot - maybe it`s like a really nice gym were practicing in, but it`s an idea.

The snow has been beautiful and the Spirit has been warm. I love you all and pray that you will feel the tender mercies of the Lord.

Yours always,

Elder Alexander Todd Fuller
Japan Nagoya Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home