Alex Fuller's Mission to Japan

Alex at MTC From June 2006 to June 2008, Alex is serving
a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints in the Japan Tokyo
South and Japan Nagoya Missions.
(click pic to enlarge)

Sunday, November 18, 2007

First Snow

Well late last night, Elder Golladay and I were knocking some apartments - and then it happened. We walked out of the complex and watched as little white feathers of snow fell silently down. It didn't stick of course, but it is a momentous occasion. Today we are going to buy some serious winter supplies - because it is COLD!

Just fantastic things going on here. Wakana, one of our investigators, she has two children ages eight and seven months. She is just doing fantastic, really liking everything we teach her, and ready a lot from the Book of Mormon. She told me the other night "I read a bunch. Like, up to chapter 21 of 1st Nephi, but I have to say that`s not the most interesting part. I read the back and that`s way more fun." This made me laugh a lot - because in the back of the Japanese Morumon Sho is a thing called the scripture guide. It`s basically a combination of a topical guide and dictionary about doctrinal topics and words. Anyway, she said she read aboput 100 pages of it and said it was much more straightforward and therefore interesting. Elder Golladay and I had a good laugh. she was essentially saying, 'yeah, the stories are good and all, but just give me the straight doctrine.' Hopefully this thursday we will be able to set a baptismal goal with her and her son.

We have these two investigators, Hayashi and Saito, and I can`t describe them any better than a couple of punks. Their both about 20 years old and way crazy. However, they love to hang out with my companion and I. Saturday we read and drew Lehi`s dream together, and then put them on the announcement board for everyone to see. I think most of the other members might be a little scared of them, but past their exterior, they really have a good heart. They`re cousins living together, and committed to pray together. It so funny how different people in different circumstances can still have interest in the same gospel.

Finally, Sunday was a special treat in that I helped Brother Hirabayashi, who was baptized this around april, bless the sacrament for the first time. he hasn`t come to church for sometime, because I don`t think he had any friends, but thanks to Elder Pratt and Elder Golladay, he now comes every week. For just a second I caught a small glimpse of the righteous man he will one day become. He's 19 right now.

Things are good. Elder Golladay and his Portugese are teaching a ton of Brazillians - they let us in all the time. It`s cold, but the Spirit is warm. My prayers are being answered,, and I am at peace.

I love you all,

your son and brother,

Elder Alexander Todd Fuller
Japan Nagoya Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home