Alex Fuller's Mission to Japan

Alex at MTC From June 2006 to June 2008, Alex is serving
a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints in the Japan Tokyo
South and Japan Nagoya Missions.
(click pic to enlarge)

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Elder Cano Going Home and LOTS of Snow!

It`s snowing A LOT here - and I fell off my bike last night. It`s absolutely beautiful though - worth the fall :) Elder Cano is getting ready to go home this week - so that will be a fiascal like it always is, but it will still be fun. I gave a talk in church this past week - on 10 minutes of notice - which was a fun experience. It would have been no problem, but while I was sitting on the stand writting down notes, I realized I didn`t have my dictionary with me - which wasn`t really a big deal, but made me a little nervous. I prayed hard, and everything went well. I am so grateful I`m not expected to be a missionary without any help from up above - it would be impossible.

The assistants came on exchanges with us this past wednesday. Elder Rider, from Pennsylvania is the first assistant younger than me in the mission, but is an increadible missionary. We had lots of fun together and talked a LOT about "Preach My Gospel" and realyl how to work with members. Some things are definitely going to change a bit in how we do missionary work starting the next couple weeks.

Nothing else too exciting, just lots of fun. Two boys, ages 10 and 14, who we are teaching right now will probably be baptized in march, so that`s exciting.

Mostly, I just really came to realize how little prayers are answered. Saturday night, I got a flat tire, couldn`t find a member`s house, and was just kind of being beaten up by little things. I prayed a lot that night that Sunday would be different. I prayed that it would be a spiritual day of rest filled with joy. And you know what, that is exactly what it was. The Spirit was with us all day, especially at church, and we had fun. It wasn`t a big deal really, but it was important to me. God hears and answers prayers, that is for sure.

I love you all and will give you more in depth fun next week. Thanks for your love and prayers,

Yours,

Elder Alexander Todd Fuller
Japan Nagoya Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home