Alex Fuller's Mission to Japan

Alex at MTC From June 2006 to June 2008, Alex is serving
a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints in the Japan Tokyo
South and Japan Nagoya Missions.
(click pic to enlarge)

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Kanazawa and Cold

Well I am now in the city of Kanazawa in Ishikawa prefecture. It`s right next to my previous area of komatsu, so I have actually been here a few times before. The ward is a lot bigger (100-140 at church) and the words they use are a little unfamiliar to me, but I`ll get used to it eventually. It`s so funny how such a small country could have so many dialects. Of course if a foreigner went to Texas, they wouldn`t know what they were speaking either I suppose.

The biggest change is that it is freezing cold here. It has also rained everyday since I`ve gotten here. The rain sometimes turns into snow, but usually just hovers above freezing. Makes for a cold day. I guess I know a little but more what the pioneers must have felt like crossing the plains.

My companion Elder Cano is from Sao Paulo, Brazil. His English is pretty good - and things haven`t been too bad so far. We actually had a baptism this past sunday - Brother Kondo. I got to the baptismal interview for him, which was a new experience for me. He did very well and with the help of the members, he will become a very strong member I believe. He has very funny Enlgish too, yesterday after the baptism he said "Now I am success road!" It made me laugh.

Tomorrow we are gathering as a mission for our Christmas mission conference. It looks liek it will be a good time - a chance to see everyone again including former companions. Leaving Matsumoto was pretty hard - and Elder Golladay was one of my best companions by far - so it will be good to see him again. Also, any opportunity to meet together and hear President Traveller`s instructions is a spiritual experience. It will also be quite a long day - six hours of train round trip - but definitly worth it.

After seeing so many miracles, a few rainy days can certainly be expected, so I`ll be okay. Sometimes I am cold, wet, hungry, tired, and a whole lot of other things - but it`s just for a few minutes, so we keep on smiling and sing a song or something. In the end, I am thankful for the millions of blessing I have and the continued opportunities to see more miracles. THere are many people ready and waiting to learn about God and the blessings he ahs in store for them.

I pray that you will all have a great week, and a especially good Christmas. I am being taken care of by the Lord. I know he loves me and I know He`s there.

Merry Christmas,

Elder Alexander Todd Fuller
Japan Nagoya Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home