Alex Fuller's Mission to Japan

Alex at MTC From June 2006 to June 2008, Alex is serving
a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints in the Japan Tokyo
South and Japan Nagoya Missions.
(click pic to enlarge)

Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas 2007

"Happy Merry Christmas" as the signs say. It has been a good one. I got to do to two different daycares and dress up as Santa Claus for the kids. I also got to sign a letter as Santa Claus for someone`s son - which has all been way fun. I am a great Santa - because I`m caucasion and really tall, so all the Japanese kids think I`m the real one. I like it.

There`s two Chinese girls talking - this is what their conversation sounded like - "swan chang wong ching CHRISTMAS son twan ton aong" It made me smile.

I went on exchanges the past week with Elder Muhlstein and we had a great time knocking some doors and talking about Christmas. We brought up a computer game that I had almost forgot about - I played it like when I was ten. I know dad will remember it - it was called Monkey Island. Elder Muhlstein made me laugh a lot that we had such a random thing in common. That`s kind of what makes life fun sometimes - the random funny things.

So the Teaching of the Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith is probably one of the coolest books I`ve ever flipped through. I am very excited to get into it. The sources are funny how it talks baout all the spelling and punctiation being updated. Languages are increadible - how different English is from a hundred or two hundred years before. Japanese changes pretty fast. I have some Japanese books from the 70s and 80s, and they said that one word that I use ALL the time was actually a feminine sounding word. I was a little worried - but the truth is that nowadays, everyone uses it. the word it "suteki" which means cool, or good looking. Everytime I see a young guy wearing a hat, I tell him "Suteki na boshi desu" which means, nice hat. They always like that.

This past weekend there were some Christmas parties at the church. The choir sand - but somehow Japanese choirs are a little different than amaerican choirs. I still haven`t heard a choir that sounds...well, good...but they tried hard. I smiled to myself to think that even though there were some out of tune notes - God probably was smiling at them trying their best.

The ward here gave us a ton of presents. I got a way cool scarf - amybe a little feminine, but I`m sure going to wear it...or I`ll try. Also, a professional writter - i forget the word in English, but a person who writes things prittier than a computer, wrote a scripture (moses 1:39) in beautiful japanese characters, on a gold leafed board, and gave one to Elder Cano and I. It is perhaps the coolest present I`ve revieced...except for one other thing. Sister Wang gave me a saxophone tie clip - it was probably the coolest thing ever.

Anyway, I love you all so very much. It was way good to hear you on the phone. I`ll talk to you in 5 months.

Yours,

Elder Alexander Todd Fuller
Japan Nagoya Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home