Alex Fuller's Mission to Japan

Alex at MTC From June 2006 to June 2008, Alex is serving
a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints in the Japan Tokyo
South and Japan Nagoya Missions.
(click pic to enlarge)

Monday, June 30, 2008

My Story

This week was more packed with action than one of those old batman tv series shows. BAM! WHACK! Yeah, it was pretty crazy. Thursday brought interviews with President Traveller, where we had a good talk. He is such a good and inspired man. That night the assistants came down and we power-dendoed this one neighborhood for a while. It was way enterteining - lots of good people the talk to. We also taught English class up in Yokkaichi since the other elders had an appointment they couldn`t reschedule. I was with Elder Derney. We taught them three essential phrases: 1 - Holy Cow 2 - Pretty cool, huh? 3 - That`s what I`m talkin` about. It was pretty excellent.

Elder Smith and I are woking like pack-horses and seeing some good things, and teaching lots of people. We`ve really been working on teaching and testifying, and I`ve been able to feel a difference.

Then came Sunday. The crazy day. Church was first - I translated everything into english for a very nice Phillipino member. We also were able to participate in the confirmation of Luciana and Fernando. Elder Smith did Luciana`s upon request, in Portugese (he`d written out some stuff prior to doing it). That went well. After church ended, we headed up to Yokkaichi for a four o`clock baptism of Gladis and her son Marcos. Braian, the other son, had been baptized a month earlier, and now the mom and brother were ready to follow the youngest`s example. It was such a powerful service. Gladis`s husband left her a while back, and she used to cry all the time and just be so bitter. She had every right to, it wasn`t good. But through the gospel, she now prays and reads the Book of Mormon everyday with her family, and doesn`t cry anymore except for joy. She said that this past week she prayed for three hours for forgiveness of sins - and that she felt she was on the right path. I don`t know if I`ve ever prayed for three hours. Luciana, who was just baptized a week ago, gave the talk at the baptism. She talked about the Holy Ghost. She said that she was prety skeptical about it - that when she would be confirmed if she would really feel anything. However, she said that as hands were placed on her head, she felt a heat...or rather a light... go from her head all through her body to her feet. She said that she still had that feeling, and she was happy. So was Gladis. I can only say a few words to these people, but I love them so much. They are my brothers and sisters. And they are found.

Well, then after the baptism, next came the musical fireside. A couple of other Elders and I had come up with the idea and arranged this fireside so that we could bring some non-members and have a good time, as well as all the members too. The Stake President and President Traveller and his wife, and the assistants all came to see it. I played my Sax for a couple numbers, other sang, and others played the guitar. It went very well - lots of fun, and around 70 people came in total. It was called "My Story - Looking back and Moving Forward". It was a success.

Today I started packing - and sent off 30Kg worth of book sand letters towards America. It`s sad. It`s also exciting. But this next week will be another one filled with miracles.

It`s unreal how fast it went, and how some days were so slow as well. Most of all, it was such an experience to see prophecy fulfilled, prayers answered, and lives changed. Mostly my own.

My mom is arranging for when my homecoming talk will be, but it would be so nice to see all of you there. God loves us. God know us, each and every one. I love you too.

Always,

Elder Alexander Todd Fuller
Japan Nagoya Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home