Alex Fuller's Mission to Japan

Alex at MTC From June 2006 to June 2008, Alex is serving
a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints in the Japan Tokyo
South and Japan Nagoya Missions.
(click pic to enlarge)

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Man This Food Is Going To Make Me Gain Weight

We`ll be watching general conference this upcoming weekend, but I did hear about Elder Christofferson being chosen as the newest member of the quorum of the twelve. However, something equally interesting back here was the calling of Gary E. Stevenson from Providence, Utah to the first quorum of the seventy. He was my mission president before President Traveller! That`s crazy.

Well this week was spent with Heliani Kubota and her family, as well with Julio - all four who have got baptized the last month. Readying the scriptures with them, answering questions, and eating a LOT of good brazillian food was came to past this week. Happiness indeed.

A couple of interesting realizations were had as well. Throughout the week, I had been praying for increased faith. Understanding of faith as well. After several days, I was led to Luke 17. The Savior teaches about forgiveness, which is something sometimes hard to hear. In response, they petitioned the Lord, "Increase our faith." When I read this, I echeod in my thoughts the same petition, "Yeah, increase my faith too, please." Christ then gives a parable in verses 6-10 - the unprofitable servant.

If we had faith - we could do miracles indeed, but at the same time, we are merely servants doing as He commands. Faith in Jesus Christ - doing as He asks us, would allow us to do such miracles if it were expedient. However - in our position, we never earn power or the ability to work miracles. We never earn anything. We can`t. We can`t earn investigators or baptisms. We have been bought by Christ, and thus we serve Him with no thought of reward - though He does grant us rewards - and faith - indeed. Luke 17:3-10 is worth a read, maybe you`ll understand it, or at least be able to explain it, a bit better than I. In short, my prayer was answered.

Yesterday, during Sacrament meeting, and during the sacrament, I was trying to think about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I had an interesting thought.

The Secret Service has the job of protecting the President from bullets and other bad things. THe idea is that if someone shoots at the president, they will jump in front of the bullet and save his life. One way to look at our position is that we are that President or important person. The gun of justice has fired a bullet at us in response to our sins. Christ jumps out and takes the bullet for us, saving our eternal lives. However, Christ is actually much better than just a Secret Service agent, and yet because He loves us, he does it.

Yeah, this all was generated by remembering the movie First Kid - that`s a pretty funny/silly movie.

Well, I love you all very much. Thank you so much for your prayers and support. I am much strenghtened by them. The Kanji practice goes well - I`m nearing 700, almost a third of the standard 2000! It`s pretty fun, I`ll teach you some cool things when I get home.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I look forward to hearing more.

Love your son and brother,

Elder Alexander Todd Fuller
Japan Nagoya Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home