Alex Fuller's Mission to Japan

Alex at MTC From June 2006 to June 2008, Alex is serving
a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints in the Japan Tokyo
South and Japan Nagoya Missions.
(click pic to enlarge)

Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Fiesta and Sleeping Well

Well, Elder Williams and I decided to go hardcore this week and work like dogs. Oh man, we knocked a LOT of doors. It was crazy fun - and I slept so well. Also, I made Taco Rice for us and the Elders from Komatsu thanks to the taco mix that my mom sent me. Oh man, what a fiesta. Other than that, not a while else that interesting happened - although there are a LOT of religions out there. Talking with all these older ladies has been quite an experience as we tract through the afternoons. Of course most people are Buddist, and that`s like most people are Catholic in other parts of the world, but then you run into some people that are part of some, how should we put it, different religions that I`ve never heard of before. They always try to preach to us too. I dunno, it`s just amusing after a while - but I see where they`re coming from a lot of the time. If you don`t have a Christian base, you have to find something. Very interesting.

I read Philippians 3 today and it really touched me. Paul`s testimony is so powerful. He was part of the Fellowship of his suffering - remenicent of something Pres. Eyering wrote called "The fellowship of the Unashamed" I invite you to read that chapter slowly, a couple times (because the English is WAY hard), and picture him writting it. It is filled with emotion and power.

I love you all so much and am excited to hear from you. The Spirit is with my companion and I and we are both happy. May we all be in the Fellowship of Suffering with Christ, is my prayer,

Always,

Elder Alexander Todd Fuller
Japan Nagoya Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home