Alex Fuller's Mission to Japan

Alex at MTC From June 2006 to June 2008, Alex is serving
a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints in the Japan Tokyo
South and Japan Nagoya Missions.
(click pic to enlarge)

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Council, Shirts and Church

Yet another fantastic week. Tuesday Elder Pratt and I went to the mission home in Nagoya for zone leader’s council. That is by far one of the best meetings of the entire month - sitting in President Traveler’s living room (on a big, nice leather couch) and discussing the challenges and visions of missionary work in Japan. The Spirit is always present in these meetings.

Back in Matsumoto, we began to prepare for a zone meeting we had on Friday. Our motto we have come up with for the zone is the "Naga`No Fear` Zone” Elder Pratt and I tried on our artistic talents and made shirts for the zone. They look way nice - I’ll include a picture in the future. Since we were preparing for the meeting all day on Thursday, we didn’t have much time to leave the apartment. I think God saw that we were busy and so helped us accomplish a few small miracles that day.

We only had about two hours on Thursday, so we dashed off on our bikes. We ran by the apartment of a Pilipino member who had just moved to Japan to live with her Japanese husband. She told us that she was moving on Saturday, and we arranged to help her move. Next we visited another friend of ours, who is never home, but he was that night - and we arranged a time to meet. Finally, we were ready to go proselyte. I led the way and we picked a nice-looking apartment building. The first door we knocked brought someone to the door. A young lady looked excited and asked, "Are you Mormons! I love Mormons; I grew up with a great Mormon friend." Such people as these are always a pleasure to find. We taught her a great lesson and she continues to have much interest.

I traveled to Suwa, my old area, on Friday to go on exchanges with an Elder there. However, as I got off the train and walked to my bike, I realized I had left my bag of clothes on the train. Not good at all! I prayed hard in my heart as I talked to the train station manager. He asked me to come back in an hour when the train would return, and it might be there. God be praised that my prayers were answered and my stuff was returned to me without any problems! God is good.

Saturday, we helped the Takahashi couple move (the wife is Pilipino, I mentioned them above). After moving their few items, we sat down together in their new apartment and talked. Renalyn, the wife, hasn’t been to church in quite a while and asked us to teach her everything again so she can come back. The husband also said he really wants to learn about the church, and was excited to read the Morumon Sho we gave him. We meet with them tonight, and another couple who the wife is Japanese and the father is Pilipino, will be accompanying us.

Sunday was amazing. President Traveller surprised us in showing up to church. We also had an Area Seventy, Elder Ishii, come and talk. Other than that, there were 6 investigators that came on Sunday - including one who has a baptismal date.

Two weeks ago, Elder Pratt and I were knocking doors. It was my turn, but the house I went to had two doors, so I was confused. The lady who came to the door was a middle-aged, very humble woman named Yamamoto (Mountain-Origin). We taught her and arranged for the sister missionaries here in matusmoto to come teach her again. This week she set a date in which she will be baptized - Oct. 21st. That’s quite exciting that Elder Pratt and I were used in the Lord’s hands to find someone so humble and prepared.

There’s so much going on. I love it. I love being a missionary. There are hard times, and humbling times - but without those experiences, how could I grow. I am happy, and above all, I am at peace. I guess in the end, that’s what matters most.
That we all may find that same peace and success is my prayer.

Always,

Elder Alexander Todd Fuller
Japan Nagoya Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home