Alex Fuller's Mission to Japan

Alex at MTC From June 2006 to June 2008, Alex is serving
a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints in the Japan Tokyo
South and Japan Nagoya Missions.
(click pic to enlarge)

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy Mothers' Day

So Mothers` Day isn`t a real holiday here I don`t think. Our topic in church this week was keeping the sabbath day holy - and mothers weren`t even mentioned. Kind of silly, but oh well. I did get to call home though, and that was fun.

My family still contains the most amazing people in the world...and Aimee is alright as well :)

But seriously, it was good to talk with them and to know they are safe and in the Lord`s care. I don`t have to worry about them too much, and it`s good to be able to focus. I do love and miss them though.

So this week had all kinds of fun adventures. My companion, Elder Seely, returns to America on thursday, so there has been a lot of packing going on. However, we still were able to teach quite a few people.

Thursday night, we were picked up by a member very late - about 10pm - to visit his Chinese character teacher. His teacher had been sick for three weeks and actually had an aneurism or too it turns out. He asked us to give him a blessing, which we did, and then explained what it was. We taught him about God and Christ and that through faith we can be healed if it is God`s will. What an amazing opportunity to have someone reach out for help and find Christ. He is now in the hospitol and doing alright. Our prayers are with him.

This weekend was the big yearly festival in Komatsu. On top of portable shrines that they carry throughout the city, children perform Kaboki - kind of like Japanese shakeshpere. We went to one yesterday and laughed the entire time. It`s hard to describe it, but it felt like a cartoon rather than real life. Everything is commically overdramatic and they all speak samurai japanese which sounds a lot like chinese (I`m sure it would probably sound the same to you, but still, it was weird to me.) The performers were all girls from 3rd grade to 6th grade - and they did a marvelous job. When they were done walking through the crowd, they of course ran over to see us Americans and giggled and smiled at us.

Last night we had a farewell dinner with some members and their friends. Elder Seely played the violin, we both sang for everyone, and then we shaed a message on Christ. It was a woderful evening and those who came all wanted to know more about Christ and the Book of Mormon.

Transfer calls were today - I`m getting a Elder from Australia - Elder Drake. He is around seven feet tall and one of the skinniest guys I have ever seen. I am very excited to start working with him tomorrow - there are going to be some fantastic miracles the next couple months.

This sunday I have to give a talk based on John 15:16. I have been working on it a bit, but I think I am going to focus instead on 3 Nephi 28. The question I had to ask myself is this, `Am I enduring to the end or am doing everything I can to bring souls unto Christ?` perhaps I am doing alright now, but what about when I am not a missionary? I hope I can be like the Three Nephites and desire more than anything to bring souls unto Christ for my entire life - for there is no greater work.

I love you all. Stay strong and shine your light.

Yours,

Elder Alexander Todd Fuller
Japan Nagoya Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home