Alex Fuller's Mission to Japan

Alex at MTC From June 2006 to June 2008, Alex is serving
a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints in the Japan Tokyo
South and Japan Nagoya Missions.
(click pic to enlarge)

Monday, April 02, 2007

Come Hear Me Sing!

Alas we meet again,

Last night we visited the Okitsu family`s house, a very amazing family at the church here in Shimizu, and they had Google Earth on their computer. It was fun to see my companion`s house and the historic church sites, however, I could`t remember where my house was! That was a little depressing, but it does show that one really can `lose` himself in missionary work. Eventually we figured out how to type in an address, and got to see good old Lenexa, Kansas.

So it`s transfer week! However, the schedule in the Nagoya mission is quite different. We find out tomorrow morning if we transfer or not, and then if we do, we leave wednesday. Absolutely no time! Considering I have entered into a new mission and assuming that President Stevenson will want to mix everyone up, I am prohpesying that I will be transferred. I really don`t want to leave this amazing area, but I will have to someday. Updates will come next week.

Assuming that I will probably be transfering, I told our English class that last thursday was probably my last time with them. Surprisingly, they were very sad. A couple were near tears. I don`t know why, but a few of those students formed a strong bond with me. I will miss them a good deal. This sunday I sang in church. I sang, "I`ll go where you want me to go." Two Enlgish students came to church because I was singing. What a great way to invite people to church - I hope to continue this throughout my mission.

As to how I did...not bad, actually. The piano has a auto-transpose function so I was able to bring the music quite low. The lower the better as far as my singing goes. The Spirit helped me, and it definitely was a good experience.

This last sunday was a regular fast and testimony meeting because we don`t watch conference until next week. After I sang, I gave a talk/testimony. I had prepared a great deal for it and had about two hours worth of material I wanted to share. When I got up to speak, something completely different from what I had written in my notes came out of my mouth. Japanese that I didn`t think I knew came from inspiration. The gift of tongues is real. The Spirit was strong those few moments as I looked into the eyes of those wonderful members. Maybe thirty people were there, but I know those thrity so well. I`ve been to each of their homes many times. I know their challenges and I`ve shared my love with them. Perhaps Christ will visit the small units of this church when He comes - small flocks like Shimizu.

And so the work continues. It will never stop. Just as the dream that Daniel interpretted, it is the rock cut out of the mountain without hands that will fill the world. I am glad to be part of it. I am happy.
We change places, transfer, go home, or stay where we are, but we all serve the same God. Be strong because Christ was strong.
I love you all and pray for you.
Yours,

Elder Alexander Todd Fuller
Japan Nagoya Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home