Alex Fuller's Mission to Japan

Alex at MTC From June 2006 to June 2008, Alex is serving
a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints in the Japan Tokyo
South and Japan Nagoya Missions.
(click pic to enlarge)

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Transferred From Coast to Coast


Well Hello everyone,

So this last week was transfer week and I moved! I am now on the other side of Japan, along the Sea of Japan, in a place called Komatsu in Ishikawa prefecture. It`s even smaller than my last area, but there are a lot more members here, so that`s awesome.

My new companion is Elder Seely. Originally from Canada, but really from Utah. He`s great and I am excited to work with him during his last month here in Japan.


For all of you playing along at home, wanting to know exactly where I am by means of Google Earth, the coordinates are:


N 36 Degrees 24.508`
E 136 Degrees 26.655`

We are right next to the city hall and the church, so it`s a great location, and a rather nice apartment.

Big news for this week is that the Cherry Blossoms are blooming!! They are called Sakura and they are absolutely gorgeous. THey only last for about a week, but everywhere is pink and pretty. We are going to go to a very famous park in Kanazawa today and take some pictures. I will include a couple pictures with this email too. It`s hard to describe how beautiful it is here though. I am so blessed to be here.


This last friday was one of the happiest days so far. Nothing really happened here in Komatsu, but back in Shimizu, my dear friend Satake Hiromitsu had his interview to be baptized. He passed! This coming saturday, he will baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Chist of Latter-Day Saints. I will unfortunately be unable to be there, but I did what was needed to help him. I will include a picture of him as well. He firmly believes, and so do I, that the only reason he is still alive today is in order to join Christ`s church. On tuesday, as we had our final lesson. As I said goodbye, he took my hand and said, "I will not forget you." I will never forget him either. He is my brother that I was able to show the way to. He promised me he`d stay alive until I can visit again next year. He is one that will make it home to our Heavenly Father. My joy is full. Forever, when I read the words of Christ advising us to become as a child, I will think of my dear friend, in Shimizu, Japan, who at age 93, came unto Christ.

And so the work progresses onward. Once again, I come to an area with a lot of work ahead. I have been blessed with a great companion and everything I need to move the work forward. I am happy. I know that trails come, but why else am I here than to overcome them? With God and His angels leading me on, I will continue to see His power among these wonderful people.

May His power be with you.
Always,

Elder Alexander Todd Fuller
Japan Nagoya Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home