Alex Fuller's Mission to Japan

Alex at MTC From June 2006 to June 2008, Alex is serving
a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints in the Japan Tokyo
South and Japan Nagoya Missions.
(click pic to enlarge)

Monday, August 20, 2007

Purity

It has been isogashii (busy) sugiru (too much) here in Matsumoto, Japan right now - but it`s a very, very good kind of busy. Traveling to Nagoya for a zone leader meeting with President Traveller - getting everyone together for other meetings, visiting with member, and having the amazing priveledge of helping one of God`s children be baptized.

Yesterday Wang Junting(chinese name) or Ookunte (japanese name) was baptized for the remission of sins in Matsumoto. She is twenty years old and has been in japan for about a year studying economics in college. She met my companion, Elder Pratt, about two months ago and he baptized her yesterday (sunday). It was an amazing baptismal service. Sister Glover and I sang a duet of "Did you think to pray" that went very well. Sister Wang is such an amazing and prepared person. She was so happy, and truly so pure after she came up from the water. Truly, she was born again. The Spirit was very strong and touched all of us, especially me. What an amazing blessing and example she is.

Elder Pratt, Elder Elmer and I have been working hard and meeting lots of nice people and members. It has also been pretty hot - about 40 degrees celsius whatever that means. However, the Lord has been taking care of me very well. Because of the demanding schedule we lay out - there usually isn`t a moment of rest for a whole week - but because we are indeed on the Lord`s errand, he is sustaining us. I never thought I could push myself so far.

Oh, and I sweat a lot. I drink around 3 liters of water a day - usually more. That`s always way fun.

I wish I could describe the increadible feelings and experiences I`ve had, but my English is way to bad to give justice to them. I have just felt God`s love so much. I love sharing that with others too. Being a missionary is amazing. Thank you for all your help and love. May the Lord bless you and keep you.

Yours,

Elder Alexander Todd Fuller
Japan Nagoya Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home