Alex Fuller's Mission to Japan

Alex at MTC From June 2006 to June 2008, Alex is serving
a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints in the Japan Tokyo
South and Japan Nagoya Missions.
(click pic to enlarge)

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Crazy Hotness Outside!

It is crazy hot here - oh boy. I have several different layers of tans depending on the length of my sleeve for each day - it`s pretty attractive.

Well here in Matsumoto things have been quite well. I drink probably around 2.5 liters of water a day - and sweat it all out. We got Elder Elmer all registered in Japan and set up a bank account, bought him a bike, and did a whole lot of proselyting together. It has been very fun. I see a lot of myself in him from just a year ago. He doesn`t understand hardly anything being said - and neither did I. It truly is remarkable that in only one year I can make it by myself pretty well here in Japan.

So the big news for the mission - we have Elder Bednar from the quorum of the twelve coming to visit Japan. He will be speaking in Kyoto in two weeks and so as a mission, we`re all going to take a bus down there to see him. Quite the excitement - and Kyoto will be amazing. i never thought I would be able to go there since it isn`t in our misison boundaries.

Next Sunday we will have a baptism here. Her English name is Jaty - she`s Chinese. Elder pratt and his companion found her in an international dorm about a month and a half ago and she is increadible. She loves the Bible and the Book of Mormon and she also is great friends with the members already. She is crazy smart too, studying some hard subjects in college right now. She will be a great member.

With the new responsibilities of zone leader and trainer - trainer is much, much more challenging. I think that in life - no matter what responsabilities or callings we have within the church - being a parent will always be the greatest and most challenging of responsabilities.

Things are just going so well. I`m excited to work everyday - and absolutely dead everynight - but somehow I`m able to resurrect in the morning once more. There`s no better service than preaching the good word. I pray that God`s love will be felt in your lives through his tender mercies.

Always,

Elder Alexander Todd Fuller
Japan Nagoya Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home