Alex Fuller's Mission to Japan

Alex at MTC From June 2006 to June 2008, Alex is serving
a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints in the Japan Tokyo
South and Japan Nagoya Missions.
(click pic to enlarge)

Monday, July 09, 2007

Bless4 Concert and Lots of Fun

Well we`re certainly in the middle of the rainy season here in Nagano. I don`t think my shoes will ever dry out again - but oh well. It`s kind of fun to go tracting in huge rainstorms though - people at least open the door to see what kind of crazy person is outside. The Lord has been with us though - guiding us to prepared people. More on that momentarily.

So this past saturday, a Japanese musical group called Bless4 came to Suma (my area) and put on a concert. They are all members of the church and have lived in Okinawa and Utah - so they are fluent in Enlgish and Japanese. I was very impressed by their show - I had seen them in my first area about 10 months ago - and they were even better. Feel free to check them out at bless4.jp - it might be in Japanese, but oh well. We had lots of friends, investigators, and less-active members come to the concert which was great. It really brought the members here together - and was just plain fun.

Sunday, we met with a Brazilian man that we had met a week before named Kenji. He likes everything we say and teach, and we have another appointment for tonight. It just amazes me how we are led to those waiting to hear the Gospel. Truly, there`s nothing quite like His work.

Yesterday I met my new mission president - President Traveller. He seems very laid back and a very good leader. It will be exciting to serve under him. He`s from the same place as my trainer Elder Miller - Cash Valley in Upper Utah.

Another quick experience that was interesting happened the day of the concert while we were going around housing. One nice moan said he was busy, but then an hour later as we walked back to our bikes, he called for us. He asked about our English class and we got to know him a little. He is 23 and is named Kazuki. I gave him a flier for the concert and invited him. Well he came that night, and brought his 20-year-old sister with him too! He had a great time and wants to meet with us again sometime.

I went back through my journal for the last year or so and was just so amazed at how much I have changed. I can look back even a month or too and see how far I have come. Adversity certainly does bring growth. I still have so very far to go, but yet it was a bit comforting to know that progress is indeed being made.

Thank you so much for your emails and letters. I hope everyone will have a great week and enjoy the sunshine - or even enjoy the rain too.

Yours,

Elder Alexander Todd Fuller
Japan Nagoya Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home