Alex Fuller's Mission to Japan

Alex at MTC From June 2006 to June 2008, Alex is serving
a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints in the Japan Tokyo
South and Japan Nagoya Missions.
(click pic to enlarge)

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Transferred to Shimizu!

Konnichiwa!
I got transferred to the other side of our mission! I am now in Shimizu
in Shizuoka-Ken. It is on the coast of Japan in a rather country area.
It`s completely different from Tokyo. It`s like moving from downtown
chicago to rural Kansas. My new companion is Elder Michael Doxey from
Bountiful Utah. He is a way awesome missionary and perhaps more
laid-back than me. He`s the district leader as well.

If you want to see my new apartment, the GPS coordinates are:
N 35 Degrees 01.042
E 138 Degrees 28.357

During transfers I got to see a bunch of the missionaries that I came to
Japan with, it was much fun.
Thanksgiving was awesome on the Fussa Air Force base. The Maughan
family had Elder Miller and I to dinner and we ate like kings. They
were very nice. It was very weird going on base because it is just like
America. There were Americans!! It scared me almost.

So there`s not a while lot to report on since I`ve only been here for a
day. I rode the trains for about 6 hours, carrying my bike all taken
apart and put in a bag. My shoulders are so soar. Transfering is not
fun. I did leave Hibarigaoka with 4-5 very strong investigators. I
won`t be able to see their baptisms probably, but it`s good just to know
I helped the work.

So the Shimizu ward is increadibly small. Apparently about 30 people
come to church. The ward list has about 600 people, but they are all
inactive. That`s sad. So, I figure if there ever was a ward that could
be doubled quickly, this is the place. Elder Doxey has an amazing
attitude. He said, " Sure it`s hard, but it`s kind of cool too. We`re
like the underdog." I loved that. We`re the underdog, so it`s going to
be fun.

Anyway, not a lot of time this week, sorry, but I am doing great and
love it here already. The coast is gorgeous and so are the mountains. I
haven`t seen mt. Fuji yet, but apparently I will soon.
Hope everyone is good at home, I love you all.

Always,

Elder Alexander Todd Fuller
Tokyo South Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home